Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Be Who You Are

I saw this phrase in an email that my Mom sent me today and it says exactly what I have been contemplating all day...


"Be who you are and say what you feel....

Because those that matter... 
don't mind...
And those that mind... 
don't matter."


As many of my wonderful blogging friends and followers know, I had a very rough confrontation with one of my neighbors about a week and a half ago whom I thought was a friend.  She was very mean and ugly to me that day and proceeded to tell the other neighbors about our spat, why, I don't know other than to try and turn them against me as well, who knows!  That just proved to me what kind of person she is and I'm glad to have the friendship severed although I did not want it to end that way.  I have had to do a lot of praying to get over the hurt she caused.  I have been doing much better and thought I was over it but today, for some reason, I'm feeling a little blue.  I need to memorize that phrase and keep praying!  I'll be OK!

~~~~~

While I was enjoying the Bathing Beauties the other day, a dragonfly landed on the tree next to where I was sitting.  I believe he took a power nap since he was sitting there for quite a while!

I've heard that dragonflies are a symbol of good luck so I looked up the symbolism of the dragonfly and came across this...

The meaning of a dragonfly changes with each culture. The main symbolisms of the dragonfly are renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest with the short time it has - which is a lesson for all of us.
























































































I love dragonflies!  I think they are beautiful!

I hope you are enjoying your Wednesday!

Till next time,

4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

not only are your photos gorgeous, but the message you included about the dragonfly symbolism is wonderful. thank you. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the dragonfly symbolism...your photos are beautiful!

Hoping & praying for peace and comfort for the hurt you feel. It must be difficult for you...hang in there! *Hugs*

Paul said...

Well that's certainly a quote that fits your mom!It describes her.
The main meaning of dragonflies is that they're ugly....LOL. Great job on the pics though.

~Kristin~ said...

I had a neighbor like that once...Let it go my friend. Thinking of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...