Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

You're Back!

Welcome back my Followers!  I'm not sure where Blogger had you hidden but I'm glad to 'see' you again!  Fortunately, that was the only problem I had with Blogger the past couple of days but I know several fellow bloggers who had various difficulties during the past week.  Hopefully, it's all fixed now and we can all get on with our blogger-lives! 

Yesterday I mentioned that Country Boy and I went to the coast in the afternoon so that I could take some pictures and then grab a bite to eat.  We went to one of my favorite beachside locales... John's Pass in Madeira Beach on the Gulf Coast.  It's an historic fishing village and boardwalk with lots of shopping, dining and photo opportunities.  Let me show you around.....























This is where we parked.  One quarter gives you 15 minutes of parking.  (Kind of steep if you ask me, but since nobody asked... I'm telling ya' anyway *smile*).  Country Boy dropped eight quarters in the meter so we had two hours to eat and take some photos.  Not enough time for me but it had to do.  You could spend two hours just in the shops that lined the parking lot.  I think I spent six minutes (after the time ran out on the meter) looking for a charm for my charm bracelet while Country Boy manned the car (making sure it didn't get towed!).  Needless to say, I didn't find a John's Pass charm but I will try to find a pelican charm next time we come here to represent John's Pass!  (I know we'll be back and probably soon because my photog buddy wasn't able to come and she's never been here!)

Since it was supper time when we arrived, Country Boy and I headed over to Bubba Gump's for some chow!






















We started with Onion Rings, a tower of Onion Rings served with Chipotle Ranch and BBQ Dippin’ Sauces.  Country Boy had the Dumb Luck Coconut Shrimp, Bubba always loved this one! Served with Cajun Marmalade and Fries and I had Lt. Dan's Drunken Shrimp, large chargrilled Shrimp and Andouille Sausage with Mashed Potatoes and Bourbon Sauce!  Run, Forest, Run!  I ordered it because of the mashed potatoes.  I'm a HUGE fan of potatoes, especially mashed, and I haven't had any in four weeks.  (And yes, for those of you who are wondering... we cheated on our diet!  Back to it today!)  Both entrees were delicious!  (Are ya' hungry now?)

While we were eating, the horns sounded and the bridge began coming up...























The boat on the left heading under the bridge had extremely tall antennas.  Once it passed, the horns sounded again and the bridge came down.

After supper, we walked under the bridge to the beach.  These rocks lined the inlet.

















































We headed back to the boardwalk to see the sites.  (Oh yea, I forgot, I did check a couple of stores on the boardwalk for charms, too.  Still no luck.)  Here's part of the boardwalk...






















Lots to see and do!
























And now for the wildlife, and I don't mean the people hanging out at the bars!

I'm not sure what kind of bird this is.  I'm thinking in the Heron family but if anyone knows I'd love to be enlightened!

White Ibis

























Snowy Egret





















He is in the process of a good shake!

Here's another bird that I'm not familiar with.  Looks like a dove or pigeon.  He is purple and gold!


Brown Pelicans
























Last but not least... a Brown Pelican coming in for a landing!





















Our two hours were up so we headed back to the car and I sprinted (which hopefully burned off some of those yummy mashed potatoes I ate *laugh*!) up and down the shopping area by the parking lot looking for the charm, to no avail.  So, we said goodbye to the coast and headed back to the country.

On our way home the storm clouds were brewing...






















... but still no rain for our little piece of the country.

We had a lovely time and I hope you enjoyed seeing John's Pass through my camera lens!

I hope you are having a blessed Sunday!

Till next time,


9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

those are all beautiful photos! (mashed potatoes are my #1 favorite food in the WORLD!) :) glad you splurged. you deserve it!

i think that one heron is a young great blue heron. his feather patterns are still coming in i think.

love the pelican coming in for a landing. hope you can find a pelican charm next time you're there!

Dottie said...

Aw!Oh! cheated Thurs. & Sat. Shame, shame. Had a fun day though!

Debbie said...

Well, we'll just have to go back and find your pelican charm! Hope you scoped out some places to stay nearby so we can have a beach weekend soon! Wish we could have joined you - looked like a great afternoon adventure. :)

CountryDew said...

Lovely shots. I do believe that is a pigeon in one of those photos.

Lisa said...

Just stunning shots. I love love the water. I took some shots like that when I was away on vacation. Go figure. I had fun also and yes Im hungry. The birds are wonderful.
Thanks Suzi for making my Logo.
I love it.
Have a wonderful night.
Lisa xo

Anonymous said...

What a great day! Thanks for taking us along for a tour!
As always, beautiful shots!

Farming On Faith said...

Just beautiful.
I so enjoyed your photos.
Thanks for sharing and Happy Memorial Day!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Hi there!

Thanks so much for stopping by Bee Haven Acres. I thought i would come for a visit to your neck of the woods. Beautiful photography!!! I will be back for more!!

Have a great day,
Bev
Bee Haven Acres

Anonymous said...

I was just looking at your photos again...that Snowy Egret is gorgeous! I would LOVE to see one of these birds!

Awesome capture of the pelican coming in for a landing! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...