Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Days Gone By

Country Boy is working an extra half shift today so I called a neighbor to see if she would like to go out to lunch.  There is a cafe in a neighboring town that I have been wanting to try since the first of the year and I thought she would like the place so that is where we headed.  We were not disappointed... what a cute, quaint and fabulous place!  The food was delicious, the patrons were friendly and we had a really great time!  The cafe is in an old house and has two shops located in the house as well.  After a delicious lunch, we spent some time browsing the shops, oohing and awwing at all the cute stuff!

Behind the cafe was another old house that is up for sale.  I would love to purchase this house and have it moved onto our property.























Upon closer inspection, it would definitely be a fixer-upper if it even survived the move!
























Country Boy and I would love to purchase an old house like this and renovate it to its former glory!  Maybe someday!
























Yep, a little work needed!
























Look at all the details on this house!  I can't help wondering why this (and many other) fabulous old houses are abandoned and unwanted.  They just don't build houses like these anymore with such fine craftsmanship and this large.  

~~~~~

We are being blessed with an awesome rain right now!  The birds are chirping, the frogs are croaking and my yard and plants are soaking it up!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Till next time,


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh! I love it!

I can imagine how it looked in it's former glory!

Nancy said...

It reminds me just a bit of our house. That double wrap-around porch is to die for! I must show the hubby. :)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, its a shame its gotten this far gone... really must have been a gorgeous thing in her youth!

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

I Love this house! I can't imagine anyone walking away from such a beautiful home.

Lisa said...

Wow.. Oh what a find.. I love it too.
I would be in heaven. xo

Lisa said...

Just image how it would look restored.. I can too.

Samantha said...

Oh this is wonderful..I love this place!

Carolyn said...

What a beautiful house! I can picture the wicker rockers on the lower level porch and the woman leaning on the railing upstairs faning herself. That would certainly be a big project...but oh what fun!

mountain mama said...

just hopped on over to your blog...i love the pics of the old house...wow!!

God bless~

Paul said...

I love old houses like that. They have a certain character that the modern cookie cutters can't even approach.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...