Pages

Monday, August 8, 2011

Random Thoughts

Last Tuesday, Country Boy and I went to my sister's house to install a laminate floor for them.  We managed to get 3/4ths of it finished before pooping out and calling it quits.  It's been a while since we've done any manual labor so needless to say, I could barely move for three days!  Can I just say how difficult it is to sit on the toilet when your thighs burn when you move them and don't want to cooperate *sigh*!!!  Just when I was able to sit down without too much pain we went back last Saturday and it was finished in a coupla' hours.  My strategy was to sit on the floor and scoot around setting the nails on the trim and covering them with putty.  That strategy worked great since I wasn't sore at all the next day!  We're pretty happy with the way it turned out.  I hope my sister and her husband like it!


Do you know that a black cat + a black office chair = a smooshed kitty?!  Day two of sore thighs, I came into my office and sat down at my computer.  Thankfully, since my legs were still sore and I was having difficulty sitting, I had grabbed onto the arm rests to ease myself down.  My bottom made contact with something strange in the seat but because my thighs would not cooperate, I had a hard time getting up really quick.  Luckily, I was able to lift myself up off the seat a bit and Hunter slid out the side of the chair before I plopped back down!  He was a little traumatized at the time, but he's OK now!


Country Boy is working an extra 12 hours today added to the 24 hour shift he worked yesterday.  Needless to say, it's awfully quiet around here!  But, the extra quietness allows me to get a few more things done around the house and to get some groceries.  Our fridge is pretty bare at the moment and I'm not exaggerating either!

I'm going to make him one of his favorite meals tonight... Spaghetti with Meat Sauce.  It's not on our current diet but since he's working extra hard... why not!

Till next time,







4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's one of my favorite meals too! poor kitty cat! :)

TexWisGirl said...

oh, and that caterpillar shot is fantastic!

Nancy said...

Love the black/white/red theme in your photos today. Amazing caterpillar photo. Wow!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great pics! I need to get to the grocery store too. Boo. I don't really like going, especially with prices being so high!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...