Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sunday Series 52: Week 2

I am linking up with A Rural Journal for her weekly photo challenge.  This week's subject was mail.  I decided to show you what I usually see when I open up the mailbox!


Texture used was PDPA Vintage Blues 1
Layer mode is on Lighten at 80%
Background layer was sharpened

Thankfully, there were no bills!  I enjoy going to the mailbox every day.  It's a bit of a walk from the house and there's always something to see along the way.  I also enjoy the anticipation of what's going to be inside the mailbox!  Usually, it's a lot of junk mail, sometimes a magazine or catalogue and a bill every now and then *sigh*.  With all the technology we have today, people rarely send or receive hand written letters or cards.  I'm guilty.  I think we're missing out on something here because I don't think I'm the only one that looks forward to seeing what's inside the mailbox and secretly hoping for that little something personal from a friend or family member.  Wouldn't that be nice?  I need to make an effort to send a note or card more often and not just on birthdays!

Stop by A Rural Journal and see the creativity of other photographers!


Till next time,



13 comments:

Debbie @ Swampbilly Ranch said...

I agree about the hand written letters. I am the worst! I rarely even send a birthday card!

TexWisGirl said...

so true. i'm the same way and yet can almost never manage to mail real mail anymore myself...

Evelyn S. said...

As a card-maker, I used to send about 130 handmade cards each year as Random Acts of Kindness. However, I manage to make and mail just one card a week now to my dear friend who is fighting cancer. I love REAL mail, and once I wrote to my two sons in my own hand, just so they could say they had received a real letter from their mother. ;-) I love your image ...color and texture.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Your mailbox sounds much like mine! And like others, I'm not much on writing letters. I use the computer so much, not sure I can write legibly anymore!!

Lou Belcher said...

Beautiful photo. Yes, I miss receiving and sending hand-written letters.... The next generation may not make the effort at all...

Lou

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Great texture action!...

Tracy said...

I think with this fast paced world we live in we all yearn for the good old days when a trip to the mail box was filled with news from far-away family and friends. With many of us trying to get back to a simple way of life we look are looking back to things in our past that brought is pure joy!

Maybe we all should start that long lost tradition back up again!

Tracy

Samantha said...

Love the shot!
While I miss "real" mail, I don't miss wasted paper products. If we all used recycled cards and stationary that would be grand!

EG CameraGirl said...

I guess this theme is causing many of us to "shed tears" for the loss of cards and handwritten letters. Mostly bills arrive in my mailbox these days.

Lori said...

Nice texture added to this shot!

Nancy said...

I think this is why I love postcard swaps. Always fun to get a colorful photo in the mail every once and awhile!

Thanks so much for linking up to SS 52 this week. :)

Unknown said...

Love to get a catalogue - it's so much more relaxing to sit on the couch and read than looking on-line - but I don't get them any more . . .

Lap Dog Knits said...

Wonderful picture....
And no bills to boot!!

I hope one day to take a picture even half as terrific as this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...