This morning I was rudely awakened at 4:46 a.m. by Country Boy having a slight panic attack and asking if today was Thursday and if he had to be at work today *sigh*. I did manage to get back to sleep and we actually slept in... because he did not have to be at work today... his crazy schedule begins tomorrow and earlier than usual to boot. Which is why, I guess, he woke up from a sound sleep and had a slight panic attack thinking that today was tomorrow and he was going to be late. Ever had those moments, when you suddenly wake up and you think you forgot to set your alarm or it's late or for those who have wacky work schedules, you're not sure what day it is? Yea, I have too and those mornings are no fun. Needless to say, he had a little trouble getting back to sleep after that!
When we did finally manage to crawl out of bed we ended up getting quite a bit done today. Nothing really exciting... some laundry, some shelves stained, some tree-trimming and re-arranging of our used car lot! Country Boy decided he wanted to move the 5th wheel to another location on our property where it wouldn't be under so many trees. Makes for a mess on the roof, mold on the outside and the possibility of a tree or tree branch damaging it.
The other day, Nancy from A Rural Journal awarded me with The Versatile Blogger award! She's so nice and is a wonderful and creative photographer! You should check out her blog!
Thank you Nancy! I'm really excited and truly appreciate it! Part of the deal for accepting this award is to:
1. Thank the blogger who awarded me and link back to him/her.
2. Share 7 things about myself and
3. Pass the award along to 15 other newly discovered blogs.
That's it! So, here goes 7 things:
1. One of my first jobs was working for 'The Mouse' at Walt Disney World! I started out behind an ice cream cart, worked in a restaurant and ended up in entertainment. Fun job!
2. I've been to England several times and traveled throughout Europe in my younger days. Beautiful countrysides!
3. I have a Lilliput Lane collection of cottages that I started collecting on my first trip to England. I fell in love with them when I saw them in the store and have brought back one or two every time I visited!
4. I was driving a boat long before I was old enough to drive a car.
5. I managed to put my bottom teeth through my lower lip when I slipped on a trampoline and hit the metal bar. Thankfully my teeth are strong but I still have a slight scar on my lip.
6. I love seafood, Mexican food and anything with red sauce! I'm not much of a meat eater though.
7. I'm 'very' old-fashioned according to my hubby! I would have to agree as I have old-fashioned values and am striving to live a more simple, old-fashioned life!
The following bloggers are fairly new bloggers that I follow and I would like to pass this award on to them because they have a great blog and are very versatile in their content!
Stop by and check them out and say hello! You just might like what you see!
While participation in accepting these awards is purely voluntary, I do hope that the above-mentioned bloggers will accept their award as they are well-deserved and it's a great way to get to know some new people!
Till next time,