Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tis The Season

for
snow,
cold weather,
mulled cider,
shopping,
giving,
cantatas,
eggnog,
and
celebrating.

Pink Christmas Cactus
Living in Florida, there will be some cold days here and there but no snow.  Today, I broke a sweat while out and about doing my errands.  I do have Christmas Cacti, though, that are blooming to remind me that it is December and Christmas is around the corner!

I doubt I will drink any mulled cider this year even though it's good stuff!

Most of my shopping is done.  I have just a few more items to pick up and one more item to make.  The Christmas cards are ordered and on their way then I'll address and send them out.

Choosing the perfect gift can sometimes be stressful but giving them is so much fun.  I have a difficult time waiting until Christmas to give the gifts.  So, I wrap them right away and put them under the tree so that I won't be tempted to give them early!

Lots of Christmas cantatas are being presented by churches.  Go check one out.  Some are major productions while others are small but just as meaningful.  Our cantata is the week before Christmas.  Old-fashioned Christmas carols being sung to various scenes played out by the children and youth.  What is cuter and more simple than that?

I broke down today and bought some eggnog.  Yum!  I know there are lots of calories in eggnog but I don't care.  It's only out once a year so I'm going to enjoy it for the whole month of December!

I can't wait to celebrate the birth of Christ with my family! It's a great time of year.  Yes, it can be busy, hectic and stressful if you let it be.  I am choosing to keep it simple this year.  Simple decorations, simple gifts.  Don't let the busyness of the season take away from the joy and the true meaning of Christmas!  Enjoy the time spent with friends and family this Christmas season!


How 'bout you?  Are you ready for Christmas?

Till next time,


9 comments:

Trails of Grace said...

I am right there with you! Except being on the Gulf Coast we do get cooler temps than you! Merry Christmas!! Lovelyl cactus, lovely. I have tried to grow these and fail miserable.. you have done a great job, they are just beautiful!

Country Gal said...

Beautiful photos ! Both of my Christmas cactus are now on their second blooming ! I will be setting up the tree and decorations this weekend ! We are cold here in Southwestern Ontario Canada and rainy which is strange for us we are usually digging out of the white stuff by now ! It will be a quiet Christmas for Papa and I as the family will be visiting other family this year ! Have a wonderful day !

Nancy said...

What a beautiful bloom! :)

Lynn said...

Beautiful pics! I've been simplifying the last couple years too and like that. Wish I was as far along as you with the gifts though-congrats:@)

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Beautiful photo/s, lovely light highlighting the flower beautifully.

黄清华 Wong Ching Wah said...

That is one beautiful blossom ...

Andrea said...

Great, I don't mind receiving a branch of that cactus instead of the Christmas card! hahaha. Kidding aside it is so lovely, and because our temps are just a bit higher than yours, then maybe those cactus will flower here too. In Dec we get at least 22C at the lowest! Happy Holidays.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yup, ready here! I like to get it done early.

Your cactus is gorgeous!

Liz Mays said...

I've been trying to scale back too and do things much more simply. I absolutely love that Christmas cactus flower. Gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...