Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Homosassa Springs Favorites - Part 1

Out of 495 photos taken the other day at Homosassa Springs, I ended up with quite a few favorites.  So, rather than bore y'all with a long photo post, I'm going to break it down into several posts.

I have a few more flamingo shots that I liked...


You can tell by the ringlets in the water in the above photo that it was sprinkling a bit.






I spent a lot of time around the flamingos.  They were quite entertaining and so pretty.

While we were visiting the flamingos, a terrible thunder and lightning storm came in.  We sat under a pavilion and waited it out.  It finally let up enough for us to walk back to the entrance where we bought some long-sleeved shirts to keep the chill off and grabbed a bite to eat.  No sooner did we finish eating, the rain stopped and we had the rest of the afternoon to enjoy this lovely park.

I also spent some time watching the colorful Wood Ducks.  As y'all know, I like ducks!



The Great Blue Heron does not look too happy about his soggy, ruffled feathers!




I believe these turtles enjoyed having their picture taken...


... they were quite the posers!


I'll end today's post with some hippo shots...

Peek-a-boo!






That's it for now.

Till next time,



6 comments:

Dottie said...

Looks like God made the beautiful & the ugly! Great pics!

TexWisGirl said...

i love the first photo - the swirl of feathers and swirls in the water are wonderful!

the wood ducks perched w/ the heron made me laugh!

~Kristin~ said...

Such great photos...as usual!
Happy Monday!

Gail Dixon said...

Whoa! So much color and nature in one post. I'm swooning. I have never seen so many wood ducks in one place. What a great set!!!

Lynn said...

I love that your camera caught the rain drops in the water! Don't think my little point and shoot would. Fun pics:@)

Debbie Linkous said...

Did you stay out of the "splatter zone" with the hippo? hehehe Great shots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...