I was told I need to write another post by friend from church! So, here's a quick garden update.
The garden is coming along slowly but surely. We finally had some much-needed rain (thanks to Tropical Storm Beryl!) that gave the garden a nice boost!
The blackeye peas are blooming...
Lima bean blooms...
I spent the first non-rainy day staking up all the tomato plants that got beaten down by the rain and the potato plants are leaning over but still alive. I'm not going to mess with them right now and see what they do.
My not-so-helpful garden helpers...
Precious 'talking' in the lower left and Hunter in the upper right with a leaf stuck to his side!
I've been trying to post a video of the ducks swimming in their pool but I've not had any luck. I managed to find out why I couldn't take a good amount of consecutive video with my camera. It had to do with my SD card. The ones that were recommended were pricey (of course!) and since my main focus is still photography with an occasional video I did not want to spend that amount of money for something that would not be used very often. I happened upon a 16G, high-speed professional SD card at my local superstore believe it or not. It was reasonably priced and I thought it might work. Even if it didn't work with video, I would now have a large card to shoot lots and lots of .photos on!
Well, it worked. Too well maybe because it seems that my edited video is still too large to be posted or to be called up within a reasonable amount of time. Sigh!
I will keep trying to figure it out because I want to show y'all the ducks checking out their new pond once it's finished.
Speaking of ducks, today's another big workday on the duck enclosure. Dad is coming over today and we're hoping to finish it up.
On today's agenda, installing the pond liner, laying the rocks around the edge of the pond to hold the liner in place, transporting more rocks from around the property if more are needed (I've already hauled about 8 wheelbarrow loads), framing out the doorway from the existing chicken run into the new duck area, putting up two 4x4's on the end to help support the hoops and to staple the chicken wire to and then finally adding the chicken wire on the end. Once that is done, I will dig the last trench (ugh), bury some chicken wire, cover it all up and then cut the chicken wire at the doorway to reveal the new enclosure.
Wish us luck that we'll get all that done today! It seems we always run into something that slows us up.
I can't wait until it's done! I think the chickens and ducks are gonna love it!
Till next time,