Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

And So It Begins...

our journey into a new routine as I head off to work this morning.  At least for the next month or two anyway!

Yesterday, I made some No-Cook Overnight Refrigerated Oatmeal in two different flavors.


Maple Blueberry on the left and Apple Cinnamon on the right.

I'm really hoping they're edible as there is a lot of goodness packed into each half-pint jar... old-fashioned oatmeal, soy (non-GMO) or almond milk, Greek yogurt, chia seeds which is the base for each flavor then there's either maple syrup and blueberries or unsweetened applesauce and cinnamon added. 

This is the first time I'm trying these.  If they're good I'll share the recipe.  It's one of the one's I've pinned on Pinterest.

Yesterday afternoon, I also went ahead and packed my lunch...


Deli cheese, hard salami (for the German in me, wink), carrot sticks, sweet peppers, dried banana chips and raw almonds.


Do you like my lunch container?  I found it at the superstore.  It's an expandable Bento Box.  The blue thingy under the individual containers can be put in the freezer until ready to use and helps to keep your lunch cool.  Cool gear, huh?!  (Yes, pun intended, ha!)

This morning I threw a whole chicken in the slow cooker with some onions, celery, carrots and taters. 


It'll cook on low while I'm in training and by the time we get home we'll have a nice hot meal.  Ya gotta love them slow cookers!

Welp, I'd better finish getting ready and be gettin' outta here.

Till next time my friends...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully everything tastes good and your efforts are appreciated.

Nancy said...

So organized! Good for you -- have a great day at work! :)

Jeanne said...

organization is so easy on that first day! Well good luck back to work, and know you will enjoy that good chicken when you get home. Good luck on your first day.

Anonymous said...

Whoever invented the slow cooker should be awarded a medal of honor! They are so wonderful!

Country Gal said...

I love my slow cooker, best invention . Cool lunch container . Have a good day and thanks for sharing .

Anonymous said...

Looks like you were very organized this morning - good job! The food looks good!

Flat Creek Farm said...

very very organized... you rock!! best wishes with the job - somehow I missed that ;) gonna look for that bento box at my superstore too. Thx for all the inspiration! -Tammy

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

That oatmeal looks so good!!

And best wishes with the new changes! :)

Custom Comforts said...

You look so organized. I can pull that off sometimes, but not often enough. But I will say, that the day always goes better when I pack up my lunch the night before.
Your chicken looks yummy. So nice to come home to that.
Cindy

Debbie Linkous said...

I got that bento box for Christmas! I haven't used it yet - may have to give it a try. How did the oatmeal come out? Miss your posts - hope all is going well! <3

Linda P said...

All the best with your new routine in your new work situation. You're very organised and the food looks delicious and good for your energy levels and health.

Linda said...

Crockpots are fantastic! I love your lunch box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...