Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Two Down

Four to go!

I finished another project the other day and crossed it off the 'Get Done' list, woo hoo!

Back in November, I took a quilting class at a (somewhat since we've moved) local quilt shop.  The pattern used was the Posh Tot which is a throw-size quilt.

I ended up making two quilts during the classes. Here's the first one...

Quilt Front
 I love these colors!  These are the colors of my living room back home.

Quilt Back
And the second one I wanted to make for CountryBoy for Christmas.

I have to tell you, the first quilt I made was a cinch.  I had no problems whatsoever during the entire process of making this quilt.

The second quilt?  A menace from the get-go.

I mean literally, one problem after the other beginning with cutting the fabric, piecing the fabric, right up to the binding.  It probably stemmed from the fact that I enlarged the dimensions of the quilt because of the pattern design in the original fabric that I wanted to use in the center square.  But, that's neither here nor there. I ended up not being able to use the original fabric which, in the long run, turned out to be OK.

I managed to finally get the front and back all pieced together ready to be quilted.  Originally, I wanted to do the quilting of the sandwiched pieces myself since it was a gift to my Hubby but after the problems I ran into and my rather small work space in the fifth wheel I decided that I didn't want to bother with it and left it at the shop to be quilted by the owner.

Unfortunately, she was not able to get it finished before Christmas so CountryBoy still had one more present coming.

He finally got it the other day!

Here's his quilt made with his favorite colors....


Here's Precious and LizzieBelle admiring the back of 'Daddy's' quilt...


And here's LizzieBelle modeling the quilt....


Isn't she cute?!

Anyway, by the time I finished the binding I was ready to donate it to Goodwill, ha!  But, I gave CountryBoy the quilt that night and he loved it!

I am finished with the Posh Tot pattern as I tend to like the more traditional and classic patterns rather than the modern ones.  Although there are some beautiful modern quilts that are truly works of art.

I found a 'Quick Classic Quilts' book at the thrift store so once I am caught up on my 'Get Done' project list I will be choosing a pattern out of there to begin working on.  I hope to use some of my fabric stash which will help the storage space issue and save me money.

But in the mean time, I now have two projects crossed off my 'Get Done' project list.  Which is a good feeling!  A really good feeling!

Till next time my friends...



3 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Both are gorgeous quilts - you did great!! Love the patterns & fabric choices too. Hmmmm, now thinking maybe I should do my first quilt for hubby - that is a really nice idea! Have missed reading your blog - you'd think since I follow you on fb now I'd be more "with it!" lol, I'm always behind :) Have a great weekend! -Tammy

Country Gal said...

They are beautiful nice work ! Yes LizzieBelle you are beautiful to of course . Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

Anonymous said...

Nice work on your quilts! That's something I wish I knew how to do.

Looks like LizzieBelle might have called dibbs on that quilt. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...