Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone is enjoying a bit of chocolate, some kisses & candy with their loved one(s)!  Me?  I'm alone as Country Boy is working on this Valentine's Day.  Oh well, we'll get to celebrate tomorrow!  Ah, the joys of being married to a public service worker!

So, how did I spend this Valentine's Day, you ask?  I painted Thompsons Water Sealant on our fence, oh boy!  At least my winter-white face & arms are a rosy pink from spending hours in the beautiful afternoon sunshine!  I can safely say I've got the beginnings of a farmers' tan!  I'm definitely not complaining though since it's only the middle of February and already I've been able to do some Springtime chores.  

I also put some finishing touches on my Uncle's book cover that he needed last month!  No worries, I've only had the assignment for a little over a week and hopefully the final copy will be done and sent to the printer no later than tomorrow.  I had a good time traveling some of our country roads looking for the perfect shot for the cover!

I promised you yesterday some photos of my Mom & Dad's camellias.  Feast your eyes on these...
I just had to add a texture to this last one even though my Mom doesn't care for them!  They're so much fun though.  This texture reminds me of an old postcard.

I hope you enjoyed a few pictures of my folks' Camellia blooms.  Their tree is loaded with flowers and buds which brightens everything up during winter; it's gorgeous!

Now for some pics of my romp around McKethan Lake/birding trail...

This was the first pair of Sandhill Cranes we saw.


The moon was out mid-afternoon!

Country Boy took this photo!  Didn't he do a great job?!

Are ya' still with me?  I told you I had an amazing weekend and photography was included in that!  LOTS of photos to share!

Next, we came across Mr. Turkey Vulture!  He wasn't happy that I was taking his photo so he was showing me his backside!

I was taking this birds picture when he decided to take off....

We also came across another pair of Sandhill Cranes.  One of them was sitting on a nest and we assumed it was the female.  BUT, she (or he) decided to expand the nest some more and got up.  The other crane, who was never far away, came over and rolled the egg over to another part of the nest and then proceeded to sit on it.  Now, that's a marriage!  Partners and helpmates!  Watching this reminded me of the sermon on Family that we heard that morning!

Can you see the egg?  He/she is rolling it toward his/her feet.

I believe this is a Great Blue Heron.  A breeding adult has a yellowish bill and an ornate plume on head according to my National Geographic Field Guide to Birds book.

Almost done, hang in there!

All done!  You made it!  I hope you enjoyed our 'walk' around McKethan Lake.

I'd love to hear your comments!  Please don't be shy!

Happy Valentine's Day my friends!

Till next time,
Gone Country

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...