Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It's a Bright, Bright, Sunshiny Day

What a beautiful day!  We woke up this morning to a nice rain shower.  It sprinkled off and on all morning, which is awesome for our newly planted vegetable garden, and now the sun is out!  It's a lovely 73 degrees; my windows and front door are open!  I love this weather!  (Sorry, for those of you still looking at snow... I have no intention of making you jealous!)

I have had two new Followers on my blog the past couple of days so I have been really excited!  When the second blogger signed up yesterday I went running out the door (yes, it happens on RARE occassions!) to find Country Boy to tell him the good news!  He watched me run across the backyard heading toward the barn before he says, "Where ya goin'?"  He was watering the radishes & beets.  He was happy for me and then somehow, before I knew it, I was coerced into helping him plant some okra & cowpeas (Purple Hull peas) yesterday before getting back to my blogging.  (It's his charming personality!)

Our garden is doing well this year.  We have beets, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, tomatoes, onions, garlic and potatoes growing so far.  And, of course, my herbs... basil, parsley, chives and dill are coming along as well.

So, needless to say, I am thrilled that the freshly planted seeds got some good rainwater this morning.  I don't know what is in the rain but the plants love it!  They must grow an inch or so every time it rains.  People tell me it's the nitrogen in the rain.  Whatever it is, it's awesome!  Anything natural is always so much better!


I saved these images in a different file format... let me know if they look clearer than my previous photos (with the exception of the cell phone photos, not much I can do with those!).  I'm working on a laptop and my photos look pretty good to me until I see them on my hubby's desktop computer and they don't look as clear or sharp.  I'm hoping this will fix that!

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Till next time,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...