Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Sneak Peak & Recipe

I thought I would show you a sneak peak of my outfit for tomorrow's Homecoming at our church.  Our pastor encouraged us to dress in the time period of the 1870's when the church was founded.  After browsing the local thrift store and not finding any suitable clothing BUT finding a perfect pattern for a quarter AND two very long days of sewing...


While I know how to do a straight stitch on a sewing machine I am no seamstress, that's for sure!  Thankfully, my neighbor offered to help me.  Whew!  Because after looking at the pattern, it was still Greek to me!


 But, between the two of us, I do believe we managed to produce a mighty fine outfit!


Bonnet included!

My contribution to the dinner on the grounds are deviled eggs and a Chocolate Eclair Desert.  The desert is a yummy, easy recipe that I got from my sister-in-law.  I thought I would share it with you...

Chocolate Eclair Desert

2 small boxes instant French Vanilla pudding
3 cups milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
1  1/2 packages graham crackers
1 can milk chocolate frosting

Mix pudding and milk. Let thicken.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Cover 13x9 pan with graham crackers.  Pour 1/2 of pudding over crackers.  Top with another layer of graham crackers.  Pour remaining pudding on top.  Heat frosting in microwave 45 seconds or until melted.  Pour over top.  Chill over night.


That's all there is to it!  Easy peasy!

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!

Have a great weekend!

Till next time,




8 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

I could look at that pattern for a week and never figure it out! I can't sew a stitch...looking forward to reading your past and future posts...

TexWisGirl said...

enjoy your time as a pioneer woman!

Nancy said...

What a cute costume! Love the bonnet! :)

Debbie Linkous said...

Yum....my favorite dessert! I should have come with you today to church! LOL

beth said...

can you believe i have made that chocolate eclair dessert for about 20 years now, at least ?

i hate to cook, and when a friend gave me this recipe, well it fit me perfectly :)

Anonymous said...

I love the outfit! I have always said I was born in the wrong era...I would love pioneer times, except for I do like my electricity pretty well, though! :)

Love Chocolate Eclairs...yum! This looks so scrumptious!

Farming On Faith said...

Oh I love it~ and I could use a bite of that right now with iced cold milk!

Jennifer said...

Came across your blog while I was searching for homes with wrap around porches....love love love your photos and had to read on till I found the beautiful photo of the home I originally was looking into.
Also, I might add, Great Pioneer dress you sewed for yourself...wish I had your talent. My granddaughter (2nd grade) and her class had a whole week in learning about the Pioneer days and throughout the week they wore clothes that represented that period. It was nice to see both boys and girls participating and enjoying especially the final Pioneer Picnic they hosted.

Thank you for sharing...your pics are beautiful :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...