Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Whad'ya Mean Friday Is Almost Over?

I honestly don't know who forwarded my clocks several hours today but it was late afternoon before I realized it!  Sheesh!  I've always heard that time speeds up as ya' get older... I don't know if I can afford that... there is way too much to do here at the Homestead to be losing time *smile*!

Take today, for example, I crawled out of bed when Country Boy's alarm went off, got dressed, packed his cooler and got the ever-important coffee brewing.  After seeing him off to work, it was time to feed the kitties.   Next, it was time to pay the bills.  Paydays are bittersweet but I am thankful for them!  No sooner had I started on the bills, the technician showed up to install my Solar Tube Lights.  Yay!  I can't tell you how excited I was that we decided to spend a bit of money initially to save money in the long run.  AND, if you knew how dark my house was, you would agree that these are going to be money well-spent!

Here's how it began...

Yep, a hole in my ceiling and roof.  This is the 'test' hole.  Yikes!  No worries though, the technician assured me that all these holes could be patched.  I could see daylight when I looked at this hole.  (Just ignore the horrid popcorn ceiling, please!)

And then, the hole got bigger...


This major hole is in our bathtubless master bathroom.  OK, folks, there is NO turning back now!

And then... voila!


Let there be light!  Oh wait, that's not a light!  Can you believe how bright this is on a cloudy day!  My bathroom was so dark, even during the day, that I always had to turn the light on when I went in there.  Now I'm gonna have to clean my bathroom more often because it's so bright in there!  But, hey, that's OK!  I can see now!  And, I'm saving electricity... woohoo!

During this time, my neighbor came over and we started to make my napkins.  I started measuring and cutting fabric while she worked on perfecting the decorative stitches.  She didn't stay long but I managed to get six of them sewn and pressed during the afternoon.  They are awaiting a decorative top-stitch and then I'll show you the results.  Can I just say now that I LOVE them!  They turned out so nice and pretty and I really enjoyed making them!  Which is good... because I need to make a bunch more for us to use on a regular basis.  And then more for my Etsy shop!

As I was sitting on my front porch sewing the napkins, I noticed Precious saunter outside to check something out.  You never know what it might be around here so I glanced over to see what she was up to.  Meandering across our front lawn (such as it is) was a Gopher Tortoise...


Are ya done taking photos lady... cuz I'm outta here!


I think it was 2:00 before I ate lunch.  Now, I'm sitting on the front porch drinking a homemade Pumpkin Spiced Latte (I love this time of year with all the pumpkin flavored stuff out to sink my teeth into!), watching the hummingbirds load up on the sugar water, the birds singing, the squirrels playing chase in the trees and listening to some rumbling off in the distance and a light sprinkle of rain (sorry T, I really wish I could send some your way!).

On my way to give the kitties a supper snack last night, I noticed the moon through the trees.  I ran back to the house to grab my camera.  I am still trying to get the ever-elusive, decent shot of the moon.


Do any of you photographers know how to get rid of the 'second moon' created by the lens?  I have a UV filter on my lens already.  Should I be using a different filter? and if so, what type?


This was shot with my telephoto lens.  I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out but I am always open to suggestions to make my photos better!

Now, it's time to eat some supper, watch the storm blow in and relax the rest of the evening!  I hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

Till next time,




9 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds like a productive day! Love your new lights:@)

TexWisGirl said...

well, at least you're feeling a bit guilty about the rain!!!! :)

love those skylights! awesome! and the tortoise is so cute!

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

aah, the ever elusive moon shot. I haven't figured that one out yet either. Yours are better than mine!

Nancy said...

I think your second moon shot looks great -- I tried following a tutorial on some website, but it didn't work.

Love the tube light!

Christine said...

Sounds like your day went well! I love the solar lights. And what a sweet little gopher. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a full day and evening. The solar lights are so perfect for bathrooms, closets and hallways :) I love having as much light as possible in my house ~ I'm happier when I can see the sunshine. I love your moon shot through the trees ♥

Thanks for visiting.

~Kristin~ said...

I have to have light!
I have to have coffee!
I have to have kitties!
What else can I add?
Oh yes....I have to read blogs! lol

Flat Creek Farm said...

You did great on that second moon shot especially. I'm still working on that ;) Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how I got good pics of owls after dark *scratching head* I could really use a solar tube light like that! I may have to file that away for 'future house' notes. Love the torty! -Tammy

Country Girl said...

I love your moon shots!!

please note that i am not one to use exclamation points unless really warranted.

ha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...