Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Signs of Spring

In February.

Each day I'm noticing new signs of life around the property.


The other day, I spotted my azaleas starting to bloom.


These azalea blooms surprised me this year and I realized that I've not been anticipating Spring as much as I was last year.  Last Winter was harsh for everyone, even here in Florida, and from all the blogs I read last Winter I believe we were all anxious for the warmer Spring weather and the sense of hope and renewal that comes with the season.  I know that enduring the colder temperatures of last year made me long for and anticipate Spring much more so than this year.  

We've had many Spring-like days here already; bundled up in the morning but by the afternoon the layers are coming off, the house is opened up,  and I'm sitting on the porch crocheting, cross-stitching or reading a book.   Ah, isn't Spring here already?

Maybe that's why I was surprised to see the azalea blooms.  I'm beginning to see signs of new life around here telling me that Spring is not here yet but promises to come very soon!

How 'bout you?  Have you been anticipating Spring or is it sneaking up on you too?

Till next time,


4 comments:

Karen thisoldhouse2.com said...

Our fruit trees branches are turning red, not a good sign if we get a sudden winter blast.. but it's been so warm it's tricking the plantlife! I am welcoming it though!

TexWisGirl said...

we've had such a non-existent winter that i think spring is here...

Anonymous said...

I am longing for spring time!
Love the azalea photos - so beautiful!

Country Gal said...

Beautiful ! I have seen signs of spring here as well but every now and then winter creaps in again ! It will be here soon and I cant wait to get my hands dirty in my gardens ! Have a great day !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...