Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Feathers

I spent a lot of time on my front porch yesterday working on a project for church.

There was a lot of feathered activity going on all day long.

The hummingbirds were whizzing by and chirping.

The cardinals were flapping from tree to tree.

The woodpeckers were banging out a rhythm.

The Carolina Wrens were bobbing up and down calling for their mates.

The crows were squawking and stealing the squirrel food.

And then, I heard a different, musical sort of sound; like a tiny bird of some sort.

I grabbed my camera and waited.

And waited.

Eventually, I saw the 'tiny' bird that was making the sounds.

It was a Blue Jay.


Not such a tiny bird!

I waited some more and got lucky when he decided to take a dip in the bird bath.


He heard the click of my shutter...








I believe he was mating as I witnessed him bobbing up and down while singing a two-note song.

I rarely see any Blue Jays around here so I wish him luck in finding a mate!



While I was waiting for the 'tiny' bird to make an appearance a Male Cardinal landed in a tree above me.


A little while later, his partner decided to get a drink from the pond.



I wondered why a couple of my leaves on this plant were leaning over and in the water.

Now I know why!


Silly bird!

Happy Good Friday, foks!

Till next time,




4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the bathing jay. :)

CountryDew said...

Great shots. We have a *lot* of blue jays - they're a bit of a pest, actually - but a very pretty bird.

Wolfsrosebud said...

loved the bath time... you should check out Wordbird Wednesday's and link up

Lynnie S said...

Those shots are all amazing, of course it seems the bathing jay is the most adored!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...