Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Guest Post With Beautiful Images of New England


In today's post I want y'all to meet a dear friend of mine.  She's a wife, mother, career woman, photographer, my photog buddy and friend.  And, she loves the travel industry and cruising in particular.  I've asked  her to share some of her beautiful photos from the New England cruise she and her hubby went on.

Enjoy!

Thanks GoneCountry, for asking me to share some of my travel photos! 

Hubby and I have cruised many times, many itineraries and many cruise lines.  We have our favorites, but really, in our book – there is no “bad” cruise.  We’re away from the stresses of everyday, people are happy and in a party mood, the crew makes you feel like you are the most important passenger they’ve ever had, someone makes my bed, turns the covers, puts a chocolate on the pillow, and I don’t have to cook!  Who could complain?

We’ve had the experience of many exotic ports in the Western Caribbean, the Eastern Caribbean, New England to Canada, and to Alaska. I have LOTS of travel photos from our many trips, so I thought I'd share with you some photos from our New England cruise on the Princess cruise line.  We were fortunate to snag an Aft Verandah cabin.  These are the cabins available along the very back end of the ship.  Cruisers either love Aft balconies, or really dislike them.  I happen to be one that loves them because I can stand on the balcony and see both sides - and for a photographer, that is pretty cool.  There is also usually very little wind on the Aft of the ship, and in cooler temperatures, it’s nice to have that protection from the nippy breeze.  The ship that we sailed on was the Caribbean Princess (kind of funny since we were sailing in New England), which holds 3,100 passengers and 1,200 crew.  It has all of the usual amenities, including a fabulous LCD movie screen on the pool deck.  We were treated to Finding Nemo for our pre-sail-away afternoon.


There are so many gorgeous ports of call on a New England cruise, and most cruises will depart from ports in New York City or Boston, both exciting to spend a few days in either before or after the cruise if you have a few days to extend your vacation.


Everyone was on the upper decks during sail-away, and passing underneath the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge was a thrill.  I think we all held our breath waiting for the smoke stacks to clear by mere meters.


Today we will be visiting Peggy's Cove, just outside of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The lighthouse, known as Peggy's Point Lighthouse, claims to be one of the most photographed lighthouses in America. I'm not so sure how accurate that is, but I do know it's a gorgeous lighthouse.


This is the cove - people actually live in these homes! Tours from the cruise lines come to Peggy's Cove by the bus load, several at a time. Can you imagine hundreds of people tromping up and down your street everyday? I guess their "season" is short, what with the cold winters, but still.......




Aren't the colors gorgeous? We had perfect weather for the whole trip. It was early September, clear, crisp skies and even a sweater was needed (by me....not by Hubby) from time to time. A far cry from the weather we'd left in Florida!

Two of the residents didn't seem to mind the visitors - I'm sure they are well fed for the months during warmer weather, and they were not in the least phased by someone getting close enough to photograph them. They were just hoping for a french fry or two!



Hope you've enjoyed our little jaunt to Peggy's Cove. I'll have to peruse my travel collection and decide where we might visit next time! Until then......Happy iTravels!


Debbie Linkous
an affiliate of Mouse Tales® Travel
407-569-8131 direct
Join me at my Facebook page

Don't ya' wanna go visit New England now?  I know I sure do!

If you're looking to do some traveling in the near future, please consider contacting her to book your cruise, hotel and/or trip to Disney World!  I know she'd love to help you plan your next vacation!

Till next time,


2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

the lighthouse, the cove, the rowboats - so pretty! beautiful colors, for sure!

Gail Dixon said...

How exciting! What a marvelous way to travel. Enjoyed the pics very much.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...