Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Puppysitting & Purging

This weekend LizzieBelle was reunited with one of her puppies.  Do you remember the black and white puppy?


I'm sure you do as he always stood out from the rest!

I picked him up last night on my way home from my Dad's place where my sister, sister-in-law and I cleaned out and purged Mom's stuff yesterday.  It wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated because we focused on good memories, marveled at the amount of clothes she had but never had anything to wear and laughed about Mom's love for shopping even though she would never admit it and that we found a Kleenex in one pocket of almost every outfit!  No money though, ha!

I also have to say how amazing and generous my family is.  I've heard of horrible things happening in a family after a loved one passes away over possessions.  There was none of that yesterday.  We each got the items that were promised to us by Mom and more.  We even set aside items for other family members that we thought they might like.  There were no squabbles and we all were happy with what we got.  It was a good day.

When I picked the puppy up, initially, LizzieBelle was not thrilled about the reunion.  We were in the car and LizzieBelle was being very protective of me, snapping and growling at the puppy.  I knew this was because she was being protective but the puppy's Daddy was quite concerned about leaving him with me for the weekend.  I assured him everything would be fine.

No sooner than we all got home last night then the two of them were off and running through the house, playing with every toy they could find and wrastling with each other.  It was very cute!


I called the Daddy to let him know that all was well much to his relief.


Puppies sure do have a lot of energy!


We'll be going for several walks today.


Meanwhile, I hope to gather up some more stuff today for the yard sale next weekend.  This is the first day that I will be home all day since I've gotten home last Tuesday.  I need today to catch up on laundry, bills,  find the Christmas cards and begin to address them, and formulate a general plan for all that needs to get accomplished in the weeks before Christmas.  On second thought, maybe I DON'T want to think about all that needs to get done, ha!

On a side note, did you notice how well LizzieBelle's back side is looking in that first photo of her and the puppy?  Let me remind you what she looked like when I first got her...


Most of her hair has grown back in.  There are a couple of spots that are  still bare but her skin is soft and smooth now and her coat looks a thousand times better.  The other day, while looking for calendar worthy photos, I was looking at some photos of her when I first got her and I'm amazed at the transformation.  I didn't notice it because it was so gradual but looking back now she's a completely different dog!  She has a sparkle in her eye, more energy and she's a complete joy to have around winning every one over that she meets (including my brother who's not really a dog person let alone a Chihuahua, heehee!).

They are still playing and it sounds like a herd of noisy horses in the house!

Till next time,


4 comments:

Debbie Linkous said...

Awww....Gateway!!! LOL He looks great! He's already as big as LB and by the looks of his feet, still has some growing to do! :)

TexWisGirl said...

adorable little ones! so glad all is well.

and really glad you got through your mom's stuff with love and laughter. my mom would have had a kleenex or handkerchief in each pocket, too. :)

Anonymous said...

She looks so good now! What a little love and care won't do for a pup, eh?

Nice that mama and baby got to have a reunion. :)

Gail Dixon said...

Oh, a reunion! So glad it went well after the initial meeting. The pup is precious. Also happy to hear the division of property went well. I have seen some really sticky situations, so you are blessed! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...