Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Having A Blast

This is sure to put a smile on your face this beautiful Sunday!


LizzieBelle and I had a blast with Coolidge this weekend.  He is such a sweetie pie!  I think he's got a lot of Beagle in him.  When he would start howling at night he reminded me of Snoopy sitting on top of his dog house.  So cute!

I will be returning him to his Daddy this morning and it will once again be fairly quiet around here.  LizzieBelle will be able to catch up on her doggy naps and I'll miss having the little guy on my lap while I'm crocheting!

On another note, while I was out West, CountryBoy and I stopped into a Joann Fabric & Crafts store so that I could pick up some bias tape.  (We then had to return to the store later that day to kill some time while we had the front brakes and master cylinder replaced (which is another story!) which is when I really got a chance to check out their sewing machines.)  I've been debating about getting a new sewing machine since I'm doing more sewing and delving into the world of quilting.  My machine is 20+ years old and still works good but it's very basic and does not have any quilting features.  They had a nice (and reasonable when on sale) quilting/sewing machine that caught my eye.

When I got home, I decided to check out our somewhat local Joann's and see what they offered.  So, last Thursday, I drove 45 minutes to the nearest Joann's and perused all the machines.  As far as I could tell, they only had one for sewing/quilting and it was more expensive than the one I saw out West.  I inquired about the machine and the nice saleslady commented about the fact that it was not on sale.  I told her about the one out West and she then proceeded to see if it was going to be on sale any time soon.  She told me it would be on sale beginning this Sunday.  She also showed me another machine that was more expensive and would do quilting plus more but was also going to be on sale beginning Sunday and was going to be less than the other machine which is an even bigger savings.

She recommended that I check out the reviews on both machines and once I decided which one I wanted then I could call the store Saturday evening or Sunday morning and ask them to hold it for me.  What an awesome saleslady!  I wasn't thrilled with the idea of having to come back another day but for that huge of a savings it's well worth it.

I did as she suggested and I chose the more expensive machine when not on sale but is cheaper than the cheaper machine even on sale (make sense?, ha), the Singer Patchwork machine, that had all good reviews whereas the other one had mixed reviews.  I called this morning and they are holding it for me.  I will go after church this morning and pick it up.  So excited!

I hope the learning curve is not difficult as I have many projects lined up before Christmas.

Till next time,








7 comments:

Debbie Linkous said...

Yay for new toys!!

Anonymous said...

HA! I think Mama may have been trying to put him in his place there towards the end. LOL

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, they are so cute!!! :)
And yippeee on getting a new machine! I have a 50's featherweight and stick with sewing forwards and backwards - nothing fancy, but it's a great little machine.
Not sure when I'll share my first finished crocheted piece. I had trouble figuring out the slip knot - maybe it's the cold. :) Now I find myself reading several online sites for info. Still haven't figured out if when I turn my work if there's a front and a back. Oh well, onward and forwards...
:)
Hope you have a great Sunday!
Hugs,
Zuzu

TexWisGirl said...

a fun new toy for you! :)

love the maniac pup. what a dynamo!

Country Gal said...

Cute video ! WOW ! Has he ever grown ! Oh that's great about the machine have fun with it ! Cant wait to see all you will be doing with it ! Have a lovely day !

Patrice said...

New=Fun!

Gail Dixon said...

Yay! This should be fun for you. It's nice to talk to someone knowledgable when making this type of decision. Share your creations on here whenever you can! The video of the dogs is too cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...