I have finally begun working on the denim rag quilt.
Several months ago, OK last year (wink), I bought some worn out jeans from a thrift store along with a well-used flannel sheet to use as the backing.
Last week I started cutting 6-1/2 inch squares from the jeans and the flannel sheet.
I managed to get a good amount of squares from seven pair of jeans and have started marking, pinning and sewing the denim and flannel squares together.
I still have more flannel squares to cut but I'm making some progress.
The stack in the above photo have all been sewn together.
I've even included a few back pockets and hope they will add a nice touch to the quilt.
In order to sew the squares with pockets to the flannel I decided to sew a seam about an 1/8 inch from the outside of the pocket rather than the X.
Once all the squares are sewn together then I will lay them out and see if I have enough to make a decent size quilt. I'm shooting for a lap-size quilt.
Friends have donated several more pair of jeans for the cause in case I don't have enough, yay!
I can't wait to see how it turns out!
Till next time my friends...