Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Rollercoaster Ride of Emotions

I'm feeling kinda bleh and overwhelmed tonight for some reason.  I woke up this morning feeling rested & motivated to tackle one of my many projects on my mental to-do list.  As I'm sitting here pondering the day and trying to put it into words on my blog it's really quite difficult to explain.  After seeing Country Boy off to work (for a 48 hour shift) I managed to get a load of laundry done and the house vaccuumed.  I was then going to tackle the office with a fierce hand and start the decluttering and reorganizing project.  I was heading up the rollercoaster!  Then, I received two phone calls and my whole day changed... I got stuck at the top of the rollercoaster.  It's amazing what a phone call or a piece of mail can do to change or disrupt your whole day!

I've been working on a project that involves some county politics and a neighbor offered to help me out.  One of the phone calls was to let me know that the plans we had counted on fell through.  And now, because it involves politics and my husbands' occupation, I'm thinking that I should just drop it because I don't want my input or 'voice' in the matter to hinder him from getting a job with the new company or keeping his current job.  I've been praying about this situation all along and have felt that I am doing the right thing... up until now.  So, more praying is a must.  And dealing with politics... never a good thing nowadays!

The other phone call was a good one!  Country Boy was calling to have me meet him and his partner for lunch at a yummy restaurant by his station, The Speckled Butterbean.  Their boss and my photog buddy was there (her husband is Country Boy's working partner).  We all had a good time and ate WAY too much!  Then, we got to see our boys at work, which in their line of work, isn't usually a good thing.  But, hopefully, they will have made a difference and saved a life!  I'm very proud of Country Boy for the sacrifices he makes to do the job that only a few can do.

These were taken with my cell phone and aren't the greatest shots but you get the idea.  I was halfway to the restaurant when I realized that I had gone off without my camera.  I try to take it with me everywhere I go because you just never know when you'll see a great shot!

I guess after watching them work is when I started to have doubts if I was doing the right thing.  Our county needs the ambulance service that we currently have because they are good (and no, I'm not being partial, I know this for a fact because I used to work there!) but it looks like it's going to change and I don't want to jeopardize my husbands' job over something that's political and bound to happen.  Here the rollercoaster started plummeting down!  I'm sure I'm not making any sense to most of you but thanks for letting me unload...

I also have so many projects on my mental to-do list that they are beginning to overwhelm me.  Projects such as finding a healthy diet, how to lose weight, simplifying our life, decluttering the office and guestroom, homesteading, etc.  I'm also praying and trying not to worry about the health of some family members.  I read an awesome blog this morning on simplifying your life.  I won't even begin to repeat what was said but you can click on the underlined words and check it out if you want.  It will leave you with a lot of food for thought.  I guess my next step is to pray, determine my priorities and tackle them one at a time rather than all at once.  Then it won't be so overwhelming!

After second-guessing my political project I lost my motivation and could not find it the rest of the day.  The office is still a mess *sigh* and I still feel a little overwhelmed!  Although I did manage to get the checkbook straightened out, whew!  I've never had such trouble with the checkbook as I did this month, good grief!

I'll leave you with a few more pictures from when I worked outside the home taken from my cell phone...


These were taken outside the hospital where I had just transported a patient.  Very ominous clouds!

I hope you are enjoying your weekend!  What are your plans?  I'd love to hear about them and don't be shy, please comment so I know if anybody is even reading my blog!

Till next time,
Gone Country

2 comments:

Shanae Branham said...

I enjoyed your roller coaster metaphor for how your day was going along. It is amazing how one phone call or email can disrupt your day!

Debbie Linkous said...

Big hugs photobuddy - God is in control. They boys will be fine, just don't know who they are going to be working for in a few months. It will be okay - we just have to sit back and see what His plans are. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...