Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2011

One More Day Til Spring!

I know many of you are waiting for Spring to arrive in your area.  According to the calendar, it should arrive tomorrow.  And for your sakes, I hope the calendar is right *smile*!  Spring arrived a couple of weeks ago here in the Sunshine State.  It's actually getting quite warm in the afternoons but the evenings and mornings are still cool.

This morning, my photog buddy and I met our hubby's (who are working today) for breakfast.  It was great to see them while they're on shift because 24 hours is a long time to be away from someone you love!  I know, mushy & sappy... sorry but it's true!  At least for us it is!  Anyhoo, after that she and I drove around my neck of the woods (she's a city girl!) and took some photos.  This was on my way to breakfast...


We then went to the Florida National Cemetery...

A HUGE thank you to all the veterans for serving your country so we can have the freedoms we have today!  Thanks Dad!

It's a beautiful, well-kept memorial for and to the veterans.  We wandered around for awhile enjoying the serenity.








After that, we went to the Withlacoochee River and spent some time around the river bank....





We made one more stop at McKethan Lake...

Coming in for a landing!
That was our jaunt around my neck of the woods!  Hope you enjoyed it!

~~~~~

I was excited to see that I now have two FULL rows of Followers!  Thank you for signing up to follow my blog and thanks to everyone who takes the time to leave a comment!  I enjoy reading them and your comments lift my spirits!  I had a friend thank me for giving them a chance to stop and smell the roses through my blog.  Another encouraged me not to be so hard on myself.  A photographer, whose work I admire, complimented me on my photos.  One was inspired to take a walk and enjoy nature.  And so many more.... thank you all for being so kind!

~~~~~

There is supposed to be a 'Super Moon' tonight.  This occurs when the moon is at its closest point to the Earth.  This one is supposed to be exceptional since it is also a full moon tonight.  Camera buffs, get your cameras ready and everyone else, just get outside and look at it so that you can say you saw it!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

Till next time,

3 comments:

Dottie said...

Your photos sure show the artistry of our God, even in a cemetary setting. Thanks for sharing your talents with others that may not have it.

Debbie Linkous said...

Thanks for the tour of the country yesterday. This City Girl had a great time (although I'm a country girl at heart!). I stopped on the way home and snagged a few other photos that I can't wait to share with you! :) Love ya!

TexWisGirl said...

Gorgeous egret shots!!!

BTW, I too am "retired" for the past year and a half - but am too young to really claim it as permanent. But I'm going to enjoy it as long as it lasts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...