Pages

Friday, August 12, 2011

What's All The Ruckus!

The other evening I glanced out the window while I was washing dishes and I noticed a lot of movement in some of the trees in the backyard.  Shortly, I saw a hawk land on one of the limbs at the treeline.


This was taken through my filthy window in the back door... sorry!  But, I knew if I went outside it would fly away.  This one's a little better.  He's looking in the direction of my bird feeder station.


He's been hanging around quite a bit lately.  I have a lot of birds that have been eating at the feeders so I'm wondering if he's looking for supper.  Why my birds though?!  There are plenty of snakes and mice for him to feast on... leave my birdies alone!  Yea, yea, I know all about the food chain... I still don't like it!

Happy Friday!  Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Till next time,


4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

beautiful red-shoulder! you got some awesome close shots!

Flat Creek Farm said...

Beautiful shots! I know.. that food chain thing bothers me too. However, I'm more than happy for 'my' little screech owls to go after the *mice* near the goose & chicken pen! :)
Amazing pics... love it! -Tammy

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful!

(Hopefully, he'll get that snake that was in the bird house!)

Lisa said...

He is a Beauty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...