Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What's New On The Farm?

Six healthy puppies!

As many of you know, I took in a stray dog that I named LizzieBelle.  If you're new or visiting you can read the story HERE.  She had been running around our church for almost a week.  I knew she had some health issues but little did I know that she was pregnant!

Here's LizzieBelle last Friday morning.  She's sleeping in and enjoying the Sleep Number bed!


Ah, the life of a pregnant, spoiled puppy!

She weighed in at 15 lbs that day.


She went SUV shopping all day the following Monday with Country Boy and I.  We even stopped at Lowes where she got LOTS of attention from customers and staff.  She was a little nervous with all the attention but she was so good.  (And no, we did not get an SUV.  Still looking.)

Monday evening she did not eat any supper and she was antsy all night and couldn't get comfortable.  (I guess car shopping wore her slap out!)

When she did not eat breakfast Tuesday morning I told Country Boy that it won't be long till she has her puppies.

We took our coffee out on the front porch.  After the first cup I decided to check on her and lo and behold she'd already had one puppy!  I was so thankful that she didn't have any problems with the delivery since I wasn't there to help her if necessary.  We were nervous about the size of the pups since we didn't know the size of the dog that she bred with.


Of course I had my second cup of coffee sitting on the floor in our bathroom!

Next up was a huge black & white puppy.


LizzieBelle quietly went to work on cleaning the next puppy.

Shortly after she'd finished eating the afterbirth out popped another one.


All three were so very different in color.

She continued this routine four more times.

Yes, I said four.  Unfortunately, one puppy had not completely developed and it did not make it.


LizzieBelle is a great Mama.  I still find it hard to believe that she was able to carry and deliver seven puppies with ease.  Only twice did I have to help her break the sac; on the undeveloped puppy (which was puppy #5) and on the last puppy.  I think she was pooped by then.  I know I would be!

I have no idea what she bred with so it will be interesting to see how they develop over the next couple of months.


Aren't they adorable?


I'm praying we'll find good homes for all of them where they'll be loved on and spoiled rotten! 

Till next time,




12 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Oh my goodness! LizzieBelle did good! Those puppies are precious. So amazing. Glad you were there to assist. Mama had a big job and handled it very well. Congrats on the 7 new additions!

TexWisGirl said...

bless you for taking her in and for helping her puppies, too. i hope they will all be healthy and find wonderful loving homes.

Debbie Linkous said...

And so the guessing game begins! That little b/w is a chunk! And the little brown w/ the black muzzle is a doll. No, none of them came with my zip code tattoo'd on their butts, so don't be getting any ideas - and please don't show them to my husband! :P

Country Gal said...

Oh they are soo cute ! Great job LizzieBelle ! It will be interesting to see what they look like as they get older ! Great post, hope Mama and pups are doing well !

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous gorgeous puppies! I can smell them all the way through the computer screen.... one of the best smells there is. Will you have video of them sometime?

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

The puppies each look wonderful! What a load for LizzieBelle to have carried. Hope you find great homes for them all.

Tombstone Livestock said...

It looks like she could have used a skate board to help her get around before the pups were born. It is possible for a dog to get bred to more than one male so you may have a variety of pups. Good luck on finding new homes for them. Enjoy them while you can.

Jenny said...

Congratulations! No wonder she was uncomfortable. That's a lot of puppy! They are adorable. Keep us posted on their growth. xo Jenny

Andrea said...

First, i was not able to see what happened before this, but i read in the last post. My prayers for your Mom, the departed are always in the best of places! But OMG, i wonder how your dog which is so small was able to carry a lot of puppies in her. And they are so adorable, if only I am near i will get one, and it will be loved fully well. So happy mothering!

Anonymous said...

They are so adorable. Good job LizzieBelle!

Samantha said...

You're a good soul for helping that poor girl.
Spay and neuter, spay and neuter..it's my prayer for all companion animals!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet mama - her puppies are adorable!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...