Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pillow Talk

So last night CountryBoy was unwinding and watching episodes of Chowder on Netflix while I was crocheting.  For those of you who are not married to eight year olds or have kids in the house Chowder is a cartoon where all the characters are named after food.  Example: mung, schnitzel, panini, endive and so on.  The main character, Chowder, is a young 'boy' who is an apprentice to a chef and he never gets anything right and is always stirring up some unintentional trouble.  (Get it?  Stirring up? Ha!)

It's a cute cartoon with lots of silliness which is right up CountryBoy's alley!

As we were getting ready for bed we were discussing the different names of the characters and what sort of food they were.  I had to educate my CountryBoy as to what endive is and, of course, mung beans.  After all, he's a CountryBoy and there are not any 'normal' characters named fried chicken, corn bread or pinto beans on there!

He asked me what a couple of the other characters names were and I couldn't remember them (after all, I was only half-watching it while crocheting).

We tossed a few names around but none of them rang a bell.

So now I'm laying in bed and trying to remember what the names were.  You don't ask me something like that right before going to bed and expect me to just forget about it.

Nope.  Not gonna happen.

He threw out some names that still didn't ring a bell and kept saying that the one character was a sort-of mushroom.  That didn't ring a bell either but I kept thinking and trying to remember... porcini, portobello.  No.  I'm thinking there's a 'tr' in there somewhere.

Several minutes go by and I'm beginning to give up when all of a sudden, CountryBoy says gazpacho.  Yep!  That's the food vendor.  Yay, one down one to go.  (And yes, I explained what gazpacho is.)

Now I'm thinking again, and once again, he mentions the mushroom thing.

No, I just don't think the name is based on a mushroom.

A few minutes later it comes to me from out of the blue and I say truffles.  Yep, that's it.  Thank goodness.  And, nope, the name or character has nothing to do with a mushroom.  (The hints that I have to overcome.  Mercy.)

Whew, now that we've solved such important questions we can sleep in peace!

Nice pillow talk, Babe.  Goodnight!

Yes, these are some of the conversations that take place around here. Hahahaha!

Till next time,








3 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Cute story! That's the kind of stuff that keeps my mind churning at night too, sometimes. Doesn't take much. Those were some interesting hints your husband gave. :)

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Oh my gosh, don't you just hate it when you can't think of something and it's right at bedtime? I haven't heard of Chowder but the names are very cute.

Anonymous said...

My brain forgets the easiest things so quickly the older I get. It's annoying.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...