Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Briefly Speaking

Just wanted to send out a quick post since I haven't posted in a couple of days (and I miss it!  This blogging is so addictive *laugh*!).  And those couple of days have been chock full of activity!  On Wednesday, Country Boy and I went to our former pastors memorial service and visited with old friends over a yummy potluck for hours.  Speaking of potluck, PURE TORTURE when you're on a strict diet *sigh*.  But we prevailed, even found two items that we could eat and it was all good!  (Update on the diet this weekend!)  Later that evening, we met a couple for dinner at Red Lobster (yes, there are items on their menu that is on our diet, YUMM!) who used to work where Country Boy and I met!  We had a great visit with them and promised to do it again soon!

Yesterday, Country Boy and I got up early and went fishing.  Actually, he was fishing and I was taking pictures and reading.  It was a beautiful morning and we thoroughly enjoyed our time together on the water!  Country Boy caught several 'keepers' and also caught some he had to throw back.  Do you know how difficult it is to take a decent photo on a small jon boat?!  Every time I saw something I wanted to photograph, Country Boy either cast his line and rocked the boat or he decided it was time to move to another spot *sigh*!  Somehow, I still managed to get a couple of decent shots!  He fished until noon then we headed home.

Here are a couple of shots from yesterday's fishing trip...




























































































The water was very clear in some spots!  This is under water vegetation.
























This dragonfly stayed on Country Boys hat for quite a while!  Then after I took this photo, it flew to the edge of the boat and posed for me...

























I have lots more to show you but they will have to wait.  This was supposed to be a brief post *hahaha*!

I had laundry to do that afternoon which I enjoy doing.  I know... must be something wrong with me *smile*!  My efforts at hanging the clothes on the line to dry and the fact that we haven't had to turn the AC on have helped our electric bill and I am thrilled!  As I've mentioned before, I actually enjoy hanging the clothes out to dry!

After that we watched the movie How to Train Your Dragon.  Cute movie!

Today, Country Boy and I are heading to my Mom and Dad's for the weekend.  They are going on vacation and we, along with with sister, are going to do a mini-makeover for them while they are gone.  Just some painting in the Master bedroom, the kitchen and family room.  In the eat-in kitchen, we're going to hang some wallpaper and border and install some wainscoting.  In the Master bathroom, we're going to lay some vinyl tiles.  That should keep us out of trouble for most of the weekend!

I will try to update you on our progress if I can get online!

Happy Friday!  I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

Till next time,




4 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that first photo of the calm water and gorgeous trees... wow!

after you get done at your folks' place, can you head to texas to do a little 'refresh' work at my house? :)

Anonymous said...

The fourth photo looks like it was taken under water! Very neat!

What a nice thing to do for your parents! That is so thoughtful!

A New England Life said...

Wow, you have your hands full this week-end! Hope everything comes out well and your parents like it!

What a nice morning out on the water. Dragonflies already? It will be a bit before we see them here in New England.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I'm visiting for the first time - from Everyday Ruralty. I'm loving your blog, and what *gorgeous* photos.
Hi, from your newewst follower!
Anne x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...