Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Little Behind

As I'm sitting on my front porch writing this post, my kitchen calendar still shows the month of April!  I know I'm home all the time but, well, OK, so there is no excuse *laugh*!  Just never thought of it until Country Boy & I were sitting at the kitchen table this morning having a cup of (black, blah) coffee before he headed off to work.  I could use the excuse that I don't even know what day it is half the time, what with not working anymore and Country Boy's crazy schedule.  Yea, will you go for that?  I didn't think so!  Maybe I'll remember to change it when I finish here.  I said maybe!  We'll see!  I'm just a little behind!

~~~~~

I rearranged the front porch this morning.  Country Boy & I were sitting out there last night and he asked if I was going to move the porch furniture so that it would sit underneath the fan.  I mentioned doing that last year during the summer months.  I was surprised he remembered!  So, I vacuumed, swept and then moved the furniture and rearranged the plants.  I'm sitting on the loveseat underneath the fan, a cool breeze is blowing and it is delightful!  The squirrels are chasing each other around the trees.  The birds are singing their songs and the cats are chillin'!  Good idea!

~~~~~

Nothing really exciting has happened here in the country lately.  Which is a good thing!  Hunter continues to chase lizards and brought one into the house yesterday.  So far, he hasn't brought anything else in especially in the middle of the night!  He has a special meow that lets us know he's got something for us and up we jump to try and intervene before he lets whatever it is go!  I may have mentioned this before but he's brought in mice, a bird, a rabbit and lizards.  You just never know what it's going to be!  Kids!

Here's the Hunter himself.  He's on top of the chicken run checking things out!

























Notice the BEWARE OF ATTACK ROOSTER sign?  When we bought that sign it was a joke because the rooster we had was so docile.  His name was Greybeard and he was a gentle soul.  I miss him!  (We sold all our chickens because we were anticipating a move that hasn't quite happened.)  Actually, I miss all my chickens *sad face*.  But, back to the sign, when we got another batch of chickens a year or so later we ended up with another rooster *sigh*.  So, we built a second coop and then split the chickens between the two boys.  The new rooster was not so gentle.  His name was Ozzie.  Maybe he didn't like his name, who knows!  One day I was in the chicken run giving he and his girls some kitchen scraps when he flew at me.  Well, that didn't sit well with Momma!  I chased after him, picked him up and promptly gave him a scolding!  He kept his eye one me but he listened!  He was probably shocked that I went after him *laugh*!  Sounds silly but what can I say... it worked!  He didn't attack me anymore.  He saved it for the neighbors instead!

~~~~~

Here are some photos I took the other day while chillin' on my bird watching patio....

This is a Blue Jay.  The sun was setting so these are more of a silhouette.



This is the first one I've seen this year.  I hope he doesn't mess with any of my birds' nests!


I know you're going to ask, "What the heck is that?"!  It's another cat!  I brushed two of them and ended up with a third!
I've been brushing the ones that will let me brush them everyday trying to get rid of their winter coat.  It's just too hot now to have all that hair plus it knots up if I don't brush it.  I'm hoping one day to not get anymore hair off them!  One day soon I hope!

Great Crested Flycatcher making a feather bed!
SO, cute!


Here's another cute guy!
He was intently watching me, listening to my shutter click away.  He would turn his head from side to side trying to figure out what was going on!

He's really getting into it now!

He finally decided I was OK but he was keeping his eye on me!

He's posing now!

Another pose!  Here, get my good side!

That's it for now!

Till next time,




2 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

your birdies are SO cute! hope that flycatcher doesn't pluck herself bald on her chest!

what a gorgeous kitty cat - and sweet to bring you presents. :)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the photos of the Cardinal!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...