Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ruh-roh Raggy

For all you Scooby Doo fans out there I am having a ruh-roh moment!

This morning, Country Boy came home from work and we began our usual morning routine by sitting on our front porch and drinking our black coffee, both filling the other in on their day/night.  It was nice and cool out so we sat for a while just chatting.  It was about 8:45 when we started our day.  I had to go to the feed store (barely a mile from the house) and get some Advantage for the cats.  The fleas are extremely bad this year and the poor things are just miserable.  I got six tubes of the stuff and about fell over when the total showed up on the cash register!  Good grief has it gone up!  Just like everything else I guess.  Anyway, I spent a good half hour chasing cats (because they got through my barricade this morning!).  I managed to get five out of six.  I'll get the last one while she's eating.  Sneaky, I know, but's it's the only way!

Meanwhile, Country Boy decided he was going to check our shower for leaks.  We were having a terrible mold and mildew issue coming from underneath the caulk.  We have already stripped, cleaned and recaulked yet it came back.  So, he wanted to see if he could get to the bottom of the problem.  He started disassembling stuff prior to my leaving.



When I came back in from chasing cats, the whole bathtub was on its side and there was no leak.  What?!  Ruh-roh!  Well, he decided to yank the tub out because he knew how much I have hated that tub ever since we moved here.  It's plastic, it's cheap and so stained that I can never get it to look clean.  I spent a week after moving in using every product I could find trying to get the yellow stain off the entire back side of the tub.  Nothing worked.  After almost seven years, I guess my hubby decided it was time to get rid of it.



All gone!  While I'm grateful that it's gone... I am SO unprepared for the next steps involved!  Now, I have to decide what I want to do in there.  YIKES!  Usually before we start any project, I have done my research, made my decisions and I have a plan.  Nope. No plan this time!  Fortunately, we have another bathroom that we will be utilizing for quite some time *smile*!  I have a few ideas tossing around the old brain but I need to decide to what extent do I want to do the remodel.  I am the type of person that wants to do it all at once.  I mean, while we're at it...  Country Boy likes to do a few things at a time otherwise it's too overwhelming.  I am going to come up with a design plan and maybe when he sees the whole picture he'll agree with me *fingers crossed*!

A bathroom remodel on an extremely tight budget!  Could be interesting!  I'll keep you updated on my design progress!  Any suggestions?

Till next time,




5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

move, while you still can...

Anonymous said...

Maybe a compact dehumidifier in the bathroom might help?
Hopefully he'll give your design plan a thumbs up! Have fun designing and picking out your fixtures, ect.(that was something I enjoyed in our building process) Looking forward to seeing photos of the progress.

Debbie said...

Oh for Pete's sake! Can't ya'll sit still just for ONE day off? LOL If you are that bored, there are plenty of projects to be done over here! And yes, I know you can't respond to me on here - probably a good thing. ha!

Nancy said...

Definitely an old claw foot tub! Best soaks I ever had (we don't have one in this house.)

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

oh my gosh, that is so funny! A leak turns into a re-do - love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...