Pages

Monday, August 11, 2014

A Yummy Snack

Or dessert.  Which is how we like to eat this yumminess!

I'm talking about a Banana Wrap.

These days, anything can be put in a wrap (flour tortilla) and fruit is no exception.

I saw the idea on Pinterest and came up with my own version.  Here it is...

Take a smaller size flour tortilla and spread a thin layer of peanut butter on it...


Then, sprinkle some granola on it...
 

Next, put some chocolate bits on there...
 

Now, it's time to pop it in the toaster oven for a few minutes to soften the bits...
 

Let it cool for a couple of minutes then drizzle some honey all over...
 

Add a banana...
 

And wrap it all up!...


That's it!

This has become one of our favorite desserts.  So satisfying and good for you.

Here's what I use to make these:

Banana Wrap

flour tortilla (fajita size)
homemade peanut butter (16 oz. honey roasted peanuts in food processor for five minutes, put in mason jar and store in fridge)
Vanilla Almond Agave Granola
43% Cacao Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
raw honey
1 banana

1.  Spread thin layer of peanut butter on tortilla.
2.  Sprinkle granola over peanut butter.
3.  Place chocolate chips on tortilla.
4.  Bake at 300 degrees for three to four minutes or until chips are soft.
5.  Let cool for a few minutes (otherwise the honey melts)
6.  Drizzle honey over all.
7.  Put banana on tortilla, wrap and serve.

You'll notice in the photos that I used the ingredients sparingly.  When the banana is wrapped there are more than enough ingredients to satisfy in every bite. And this combination of ingredients? So perfect!

You can use any ingredients that appeal to you or coincide with your dietary needs.

CountryBoy and I split one of these for dessert.  It has helped me eat more fruit and satisfies my sweet tooth and chocolate cravings.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Till next time my friends...


1 comment:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I can feel myself becoming hungry.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...