Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Wore Slap Out!

It's not even 8:00 p.m. and I am wore slap out.  I don't even know what I did today that would wear me out so much!  Country Boy and I went to pick up our RV this morning, then he washed it while I was making some bread.  I cleaned the windows and dashboard while Country Boy cleaned the fridge.  It's amazing how dirty stuff can get!  We loaded the RV with a few things then decided it was time for supper.  We tried something new tonight.  We have pokeweed growing all over the property and for years Country Boy has been wanting to make some poke salad.  Only problem is... neither one of us knew how to make it.  A neighbor was over this morning and he pointed out the poke salad and briefly told us how to make it.  I googled it for further directions, so we decided to try it!  We were nervous though because supposedly, it can be poisonous!  I googled that also.  When the stalk is red, over 18" and the plant has berries on it you shouldn't eat it.  And you're to eat the tender leaves.  Anyway, we gave it a shot!  It looks like spinach and tastes like greens!  Not too bad!  It's been almost two hours and we're both OK!  But, it will be to bed early tonight!  More loading to do tomorrow after church...



The moon seems to be out a lot during the day lately.  These were taken several months apart.  Looks like the same phase of the moon though.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Till next time,


1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

Maybe the stress over possibly poisoning yourselves wore you out! :) Glad you're alive (I hope!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...