Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Finished & In The Mail

A couple of weeks ago I came across The Pink Scarf Project hosted by Vicki over at 2 Bags Full and decided I would participate.  (In case you missed it, you can read about it HERE.)

I really enjoy crocheting and knitting and to have the opportunity to make something for someone in their time of need was right up my alley.

I decided to make two scarves and am happy to say that they are finished and were sent out yesterday.


I made a frilly knit scarf with the Red Heart Sashay yarn...


and a simple two-stitch crochet scarf out of Sensations Rainbow Boucle.


This yarn took some getting used to as it's not your normal 4-ply yarn and it's the first time I've worked with it.  Once I got used to the yarn and was able to figure out and see my previous stitches it went fairly smooth.  (In other words, I didn't have to rip out any more rows, ha!)

You might be able to see what I'm talking about in this photo...


I'm pleased with the way it turned out and will definitely use this yarn again as long as it's a simple pattern.

I thoroughly enjoyed making these scarves knowing that a lovely lady currently battling with breast cancer would be given one of these scarves.

While making each scarf, prayers were sent up for the recipient.

If you can knit, crochet, sew or even shop (purchased scarves are welcomed too as long as they're primarily pink) won't you consider participating?  You can check out the details HERE or click on The Pink Scarf Project button on my sidebar.  I know that your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Till next time,



8 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

They are beautiful! What a blessing. I love the way you photographed these, too. I'm going to save your post so I can return to it and donate. It's a great cause. The tv show Parenthood had a breast cancer storyline. The main character was given a special blanket and it meant a lot to her. The story was based on the creator's wife who went thru a breast cancer scare.

TexWisGirl said...

really sweet gifts. made with love and care.

Lynn said...

Sounds like a very nice project, your scarves are beautiful:@)

Custom Comforts said...

What a sweet gift you have made from your skill and heart. I'm sure the recipients will be very grateful for the love and prayers you have put into them. God bless you for your kindness.
Cindy

Vicki Boster said...

You are so generous-- thank you so much for these beautiful contributions to the Pink Scarf Project. I'm so touched by your heartfelt gifts. They will be treasured when they go to a new home--- and will touch lives, perhaps in ways you never thought possible.

I'm working on photos for the early summer edition very soon. Yours will most likely be in the late summer photos-- I hope you will watch the blog for yours to appear!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

Love
Vicki

Nancy said...

These are so pretty and you are a sweet soul to think of others in need. xo

Country Gal said...

They are lovely and a wonderful gift to some one in need ! Thank you for your craft and kind heart ! Have a good day !

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

What a thoughtful project and the pink is just beautiful. They look so soft and comfy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...